On the desktop, double click on My
Computer. You'll see the following:
2. Left click on the Dial-Up
Networking link located on the left side of the dialog
box. You should see the following:
3. Double click on Make
New Connection to create a new dial-up connection icon.
4. The field under Type
a name for the computer you are dialing: is highlighted.
Enter a name of your choice (i.e. Metropolitan Campus Dial-up).
5. Click on Next to move along to the next
screen where you will input the phone number to be dialed.
6. Fill in the area code and phone number you wish to connect
to and click on Next.
Note: Metropolitan Campus dial-up number
is (201) 692 2700 and The College at Florham is (973) 443 8501.
7. Click on Finish.
You should be back to the Dial-Up Networking
screen with a newly created icon.
8. Double click on the newly created icon in
Dial-Up Networking. You will
see the following:
9. In the User name field, type
your Webmail address (i.e. email@example.com).
10. In the Password field, type your Webmail password.
11. Click on Connect. The modem
will now begin to dial the number and you will see the status
of the dialing, connection, and verification of your account.
12. Once the modem establishes a connection,
you will see a dialog box that will confirm an established connection.
Save password box may be checked
if you have a secure machine. If the box is checked, you will
not have to enter your password for each connection. If
you are using a publicly accessible machine you should not check
You will have to perform the above procedure
to create a connection for each location.