1. Open a web browser and navigate to https://webmail.fdu.edu.
2. Click on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT.
3. Select an appropriate role (e.g. "Student Using Student
4. Click on PROCEED TO NEXT STEP.
5. After reading the Acceptable Use Policy click on I
6. Fill in appropriate information and click PROCEED
TO NEXT STEP.
- Be sure to use a four-digit birth year.
- Do not use hyphens when entering your Social
- If you are having trouble being validated,
technical support can be obtained by telephone at 973-443-8822
and by e-mail to FDUTAC@fdu.edu.
It is possible that the system may not have middle initial entered
or may have an incorrect birth date.
7. You may be required to select a PRIMARY
E-MAIL ADDRESS from the two choices provided.
The choices will be based on your name, as entered in FDU's database,
with and without your middle initial (e.g. email@example.com,
8. You will be required to create a LOGIN
NAME. This login name must be 2-8 characters in length using
only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), and underscore followed by @student.fdu.edu
(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). This Login Name cannot be changed
once it is created. You will use this Login Name to access your
e-mail using the web interface. E-mail can be sent to this address
as well as your Primary E-mail address.
9. You will be required to enter and re-enter a
PASSWORD that is 6-8 characters
10. You will need to provide a SECRET
QUESTION and ANSWER that
will be used for verification if you forget your password.
11. Click on PROCEED
TO NEXT STEP.
12. You will be required to enter additional personal
information. Fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory. Click
on PROCEED TO NEXT STEP.
13. Be sure to print or copy down your e-mail addresses. Click OK.
E-mail can be addressed to either your PRIMARY
E-MAIL ADDRESS (e.g. email@example.com)
or your LOGIN NAME
are a number of resources available on-line at http://webdocs.fdu.edu/.
This site contains
information about the new mail system, including how to create
and maintain your account, the different methods
of accessing the system, and the benefits of each of these different methods.
After you access your mailbox, a HELP
button is also available with information on using the Webmail interface.
Additional technical support can be obtained
by telephone at 973-443-8822 and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.